Church Check List
Service Planning Checklist
(Pray throughout the entire process. It takes some effort to host an event, but it is worth it!)
A) Event Date & Time
You’ve picked several possible dates for your event and submitted them in the Event Request Form. We will be checking our calendar and getting back to you on these dates immediately.
Dr. Turek or another CrossExamined.org speaker can speak for a service, multiple services, or a combination of services and seminars over the course of one to several days. There is no special charge for adding additional presentations, so think about adding opportunities for your congregation and community to be impacted.
B) Tech Needs
Our tech needs will be the following:
1) A VGA/HDMI video cable for Dr. Turek’s PowerPoint presentation. (He uses his laptop from the stage/platform when presenting. Make sure the wires are long enough to reach the podium).
2) A 1/8th inch audio cable for the computer’s sound (this goes in the headphone jack of the computer)
3) A wireless lapel mic for Dr. Turek (or other speaker)
4) A mic on a mic stand or wireless mic for the audience for Q & A
- Set up a Facebook event: I Don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
- Go to CrossExamined.org for an example from a previous event. Invite as many people as possible. Ask others to forward the link to their address book or friends list. Allow people to contact you. This works especially well when trying to invite students to you church. About 85% of college students use Facebook.
- Make sure there is a link to www.CrossExamined.org on the Facebook page. There is a one-minute intro video on the Youth Exodus Problem page, and the I Don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist highlight video on the CrossExamined.org Solution page that should intrigue people.
ii. Fliers & Posters
Contact CrossExamined.org for a poster template that you can modify.
CrossExamined.org would like to offer the book, I Don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist, and perhaps other event related products for sale in between services. CrossExamined.org’s Administrative Director will be getting in contact with you about sending these items to an appropriate address. If there is no bookstore to put these products, a book table and a volunteer to man the table will be needed in between the services.
E) Final Details
i. Check Equipment
On the day of the event make sure that all the technical sides of the event are in order. This is often overlooked and cancause embarrassing delays to the service start time.
Checking the equipment includes:
1) Setting up a sound system and testing all mics for feedback and volume.
2) Getting the projector and the projection screen and testing them for clarity, color, and sizing image to the screen.
3) Getting an1/8th inchaudio cableand testing it volume (you can test the sound on your iPod or iPhone).
ii. Have a Team Meal/Reception
Meet everyone, including the speaker, at least 2 hours prior to a Saturday service or the night before your first morning service. You may want to plan a pre-service meal with the entire team. If people have donated to the event, think about inviting them to this dinner.
iii. Follow Up
Consider hosting a follow-up study of the book I Don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist after the service. You can schedule a Part 2 of I Don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist for the next night.
We are so excited about all God is going to do through our unified efforts at your church. Continue to pray for the lives that God intends to impact with this message.
Free CrossExamined.org Resource
Get the first chapter of "Stealing From God: Why Atheists Need God to Make Their Case" in PDF.