How good is the moral argument? A retired attorney wrote Frank asserting that we don’t need God for objective morality. Some of his challenges can be summarized in the following questions:
- Does the moral argument depend on everyone agreeing on right and wrong?
- Can human beings construct an objective moral standard independent of God? Couldn’t the majority vote do that?
- Are God’s commands based on God’s desires?
- Are they based on God’s authority?
- Can’t evolution explain morality?
- Do changing views on morality mean there is no objective morality?
- What about moral dilemmas? Do they show morality is relative?
Join Frank as he continues his response to these challenges.
If you want to send us a question for the show, please email us at Hello@CrossExamined.org.
Subscribe on iTunes: http://bit.ly/CrossExamined_Podcast rate and review! Thanks!!!
Subscribe on Google Play: http://bit.ly/CE_Podcast_Google
Subscribe on Spotify: http://bit.ly/CrossExaminedOfficial_Podcast
Subscribe on Stitcher: http://bit.ly/CE_Podcast_Stitcher
Free CrossExamined.org Resource
Get the first chapter of "Stealing From God: Why Atheists Need God to Make Their Case" in PDF.