Do we have good enough reasons to believe that the New Testament documents are really telling the truth? One of the most effective ways to establish that Christianity is actually true is to demonstrate that Jesus rose from the dead. But do the Gospel accounts contain enough evidence to support a literal, historical, and miraculous first century resurrection?
During the recent Steadfast apologetics conference hosted by SES, Frank sat down with Dr. Ben Shaw of Liberty University, who is working alongside the great New Testament scholar, Dr. Gary Habermas, on four volumes of Gary’s magnum opus. Ben holds a PhD in Theology and Apologetics, serves as the president of the brand-new ministry Core Apologetics, and is also the author of the upcoming book entitled ‘Trustworthy: 13 Arguments for the Reliability of the New Testament’, which will be released in 2024. In this week’s podcast episode, Ben and Frank tackle questions like:
- How do scholars determine the dating of the Gospels?
- Is there better historical evidence for Jesus than for Alexander the Great?
- What has it been like working with Dr. Habermas on his magnum opus?
- What are some of the most embarrassing details recorded in the New Testament and how do they support its reliability?
- Should the Gospels be categorized as historical fiction?
- What are the minimal facts that even skeptics like Bart Ehrman accept about the New Testament?
Early documents, eyewitnesses, and embarrassing testimonies are just a few pieces of evidence that show that the New Testament is a credible source for the historical Jesus. As you’ll hear in the show, mounting evidence for the resurrection continues to strengthen the claims of the risen Jesus, even causing non-Christians to acknowledge the evidence as valid. There’s no doubt you’ll be encouraged by what you learn in this discussion!
To view the entire VIDEO PODCAST be sure to join our CrossExamined private community. It’s the perfect place to jump into some great discussions with like-minded Christians while simultaneously providing financial support for our ministry.
You can also SUPPORT THE PODCAST HERE.
Pre-Order Volume 1 of Gary Habermas’ magnum opus: https://a.co/d/0sl9qhu
Core Apologetics: https://www.coreapologetics.com/