A self-described “progressive” Christian church in Nashville, TN made headlines last week with a meme claiming the Bible is not the word of God, not infallible, and not inerrant. Years ago, this was an evangelical church in the heart of the Bible belt, but over time, the slow and subtle shift toward liberalism and postmodernism came to a head when they declared themselves a “progressive” church.
Alisa addresses questions including:
- What is the progressive view of the Bible?
- How does this view contradict the historic Christian view of the Bible?
- What are some ways progressives try and pass their views as “Christian?”
- How do progressives change the definitions of commonly understood words and phrases?
- What is Jesus’ view of Scripture and how does it contradict the progressive view?
- What does a typical progressive doctrinal statement look like?
- How can we spot these ideas in our own churches?
If you want to send us a question for the show, please email us at Hello@CrossExamined.org.
Subscribe on iTunes: http://bit.ly/CrossExamined_Podcast rate and review! Thanks!!!
Subscribe on Google Play: http://bit.ly/CE_Podcast_Google
Subscribe on Spotify: http://bit.ly/CrossExaminedOfficial_Podcast
Subscribe on Stitcher: http://bit.ly/CE_Podcast_Stitcher