This show will bless you if you have ever supported CrossExamined.org (and even if you haven’t). Just two weeks ago at the Unshaken conference in Nashville, TN, Frank was both shocked and honored to learn that a group of graduates from the CrossExamined Instructor Academy (CIA) began a book project back in 2019 called, ‘Faith Examined: New Arguments for Persistent Questions, Essays in Honor of Dr. Frank Turek’. The first copy of that book was given to Frank that night! In this week’s podcast episode, Frank interviews the book’s editor, Professor and New Testament scholar, Clark Bates, who spearheaded the project. During their conversation, Frank and Clark answer questions like:
- How did a festschrift in honor of CrossExamined come about?
- Which apologists have contributed to the book and what are some of the key points they make?
- Who is Richard Rohr and what is the so-called “Jesus Hermeneutic” that is popular amoung progressive Christians?
- How do we know that way of interpreting the Bible is wrong?
- How does Clark approach the reliability of Scripture?
- How is this book actually an honor for all supporters of CrossExamined?
In addition to Clark Bates, contributors to the book include, Alisa Childers, Natasha Crain, Jorge Gil, Sean McDowell, Alex McElroy, Tim Stratton, Eric Chabot, Phil Fernandes, Melissa Dougherty, William Soo Hoo, and Eric Hernandez. A labor of love that was four years in the making, ‘Faith Examined‘ will help you respond to the most current objections to Christianity as it celebrates the contributions of CIA students and the dedicated supporters of CrossExamined. Please click the link below to get this great book and support the work of Clark and the contributors!
To view the entire VIDEO PODCAST be sure to join our CrossExamined private community. It’s the perfect place to jump into some great discussions with like-minded Christians while simultaneously providing financial support for our ministry.
You can also SUPPORT THE PODCAST HERE.
Purchase ‘Faith Examined’: https://a.co/d/1tmjbuz
Learn more about Clark here: https://bit.ly/40Hs6UA
Connect with Clark on Twitter: https://twitter.com/crbates1