What do we know about Jesus and the story of Jesus from outside the Bible? Much more than you might think! Archaeologist Dr. Titus Kennedy joins Frank to reveal the Top 20 discoveries about Jesus from outside the Bible.
Here they are:
- The place and nature of his birth.
- The murderous nature of Herod.
- The synagogue where Jesus taught in his adopted hometown—Capernaum.
- Peter’s house in Capernaum.
- The pool of Bethesda.
- The pool of Siloam.
- The nature of the town of Bethany where Jesus raised Lazarus—Leper colony, “the place of Lazarus”, tomb that matches John 11:38.
- The temple place of the trumpeting.
- The Caiaphas ossuary (also the Miriam Ossuary—granddaughter of Caiaphus)
- The James ossuary.
- The gates of Hell.
- The miracles of Jesus—he’s admitted as a miracle worker even by non-Christian sources.
- The fearful nature of Pilate—Why was Pilate afraid of upsetting the Jews? Archaeological evidence of Pilate includes coins, a ring, an inscription, and ancient writers).
- The nature and place of burial and resurrection: Tomb of the Shroud (nature of the burial), Church of the Holy Sepulcher, place of the burial and resurrection
- Nazareth inscription.
- Crucifixion—archaeology, writings (Acts of Pilate).
- Christ the magician cup.
- The murderous nature of Herod Agrippa I.
- The early spread of Christianity and the belief in the Resurrection.
- The graffiti found in Rome.
Due to time constraints, we only were able to discuss the first 15 of these. But Frank and Titus kept recording! To see the remaining five, join our new CrossExamined Community which is a private online forum where believers can interact with us and one another without the fear of being canceled. After the program will be posted there.
To learn much more, get Dr. Kennedy’s excellent new book, Excavating the Evidence for Jesus: The Archaeology and History of Christ and the Gospels.
If you would like to submit a question to be answered on the show, please email your question to Hello@Crossexamined.org.
Subscribe on Apple Podcast: http://bit.ly/CrossExamined_Podcast Rate and review! Thanks!!!
Subscribe on Google Play: https://cutt.ly/0E2eua9
Subscribe on Spotify: http://bit.ly/CrossExaminedOfficial_Podcast
Subscribe on Stitcher: http://bit.ly/CE_Podcast_Stitcher