Have you ever found yourself at a loss for words when confronted by a zealous pro-choice advocate? Or maybe when a friend or co-worker started sharing their thoughts and opinions on abortion you couldn’t think of the right thing to say, so instead of speaking up you just kept silent? Now more than ever we need to effectively make the case for life, but sometimes the task is difficult because abortion is not intellectually complex–it is emotionally complex.
Last week, Frank talked about the historic overturning of Roe vs. Wade. This week, he takes the discussion one step further and answers the most common abortion arguments, such as:
- Theocracy and the separation of church and state.
- Don’t impose your morals on me!
- The law can’t change hearts.
- An unborn child is not developed or viable.
- The baby is unwanted and will live in poor conditions.
- It’s my body, my choice!
- Don’t like abortion? Don’t have one!
- What about the cases of rape and incest?
- Back-alley abortions.
- God kills babies in the Old Testament.
Be sure to grab a pen and some paper, because you’ll want to take some notes!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- The Case for Life Abortion Video
- Legislating Morality by Norman Geisler and Frank Turek
- The Case for Life Book by Scott Klusendorf
- Why Does God Allow Evil? Online PREMIUM course with Dr. Clay Jones
- The Ethics of Abortion Self-Paced Course with Scott Klusendorf
If you would like to submit a question to be answered on the show, please email your question to Hello@Crossexamined.org.
Subscribe on Apple Podcast: http://bit.ly/CrossExamined_Podcast Rate and review! Thanks!!!
Subscribe on Google Play: https://cutt.ly/0E2eua9
Subscribe on Spotify: http://bit.ly/CrossExaminedOfficial_Podcast
Subscribe on Stitcher: http://bit.ly/CE_Podcast_Stitcher