Is science and religion at war? If so, why were the founders of modern science all theists, most Christians? Why did God as a cause fall out of favor for a while but is now returning? What about God of the gaps?
Dr. Stephen Meyer joins Frank to discuss some major findings expressed in his excellent new book, Return of the God Hypothesis. Their far-reaching conversation includes answers to the questions just mentioned, plus:
- Why do the laws of nature exist? What are they? Do they actually cause anything?
- What three discoveries over the past century are causing the return of God’s hypothesis?
- What evidence do we have that the universe had a beginning?
- Did the universe really come from nothing? Couldn’t it have come from pre-existing matter?
- Why say God caused it? Why not a multiverse or a quantum vacuum?
This is only part 1. Come back next week when Dr. Meyer returns to discuss the evidence for the fine-tuning of the universe as well as the evidence for intelligence in life.
If you want to send us a question for the show, please email us at Hello@CrossExamined.org.
Subscribe on iTunes: http://bit.ly/CrossExamined_Podcast rate and review! Thanks!!!
Subscribe on Google Play: http://bit.ly/CE_Podcast_Google
Subscribe on Spotify: http://bit.ly/CrossExaminedOfficial_Podcast
Subscribe on Stitcher: http://bit.ly/CE_Podcast_Stitcher