How do we know that life is designed? Would it surprise you to know that it can be done mathematically? You see, things like biological systems, specified complexity, and probabilistic hurdles leave no reasonable explanation for life as we know it without a creator. But are atheists and skeptics willing and able to address these hurdles without attributing them to so-called “chance”?
In this week’s podcast episode, Frank interviews Dr. William “Bill” Dembski, one of the founders of the modern-day intelligent design movement, who has an impressive academic background in philosophy, mathematics, and theology and sits on the Board of Directors at the Discovery Institute. In this thought-provoking episode, Bill and Frank team up to discuss the second edition of Bill’s book (co-authored by Winston Ewert) ‘The Design Inference: Eliminating Chance Through Small Probabilities‘, which lays out the mathematical way to detect design in nature. During their conversation, Bill and Frank will answer questions like:
- What is a design inference and what happens when you apply it to biology?
- Why did Bill take a 10-year hiatus from his career in academia?
- How did the use of mathematics to detect design expose the president of Stanford University as a cheat?
- What do cells and DNA reveal about the complexity of life?
- What are the challenges that materialists face when trying to explain the origin of life?
- What are some of the flaws in Richard Dawkins’ argument for ‘Climbing Mount Improbable’?
- What do monkeys and Shakespeare have in common?
As you’ll hear in this episode, it isn’t just a religious position that supports the existence of an intelligent designer. Objections to design, such as the argument from ignorance, are not valid when the design inference is applied correctly. How do we know that life is designed? Because the numbers just don’t lie!
To view the entire VIDEO PODCAST be sure to join our CrossExamined private community. It’s the perfect place to jump into some great discussions with like-minded Christians while simultaneously providing financial support for our ministry.
You can also SUPPORT THE PODCAST HERE.
Purchase ‘The Design Inference’ (2nd Edition): https://a.co/d/bfwaDUT
Connect with Bill online: https://billdembski.com/