There is a far deeper problem than atheism infecting the church. Alisa Childers, a Christian singer with ZOEgirl, almost got infected herself. She was challenged to renounce the true gospel and adopt another gospel—that of progressive Christianity. She joins Frank to tell her story and discuss her fabulous new book “Another Gospel,” which is part autobiographical and part apologetics.
Among the issues they cover:
- How did your pastor try to convert away from the true Gospel?
- What is progressive and Christian about progressive Christianity?
- What are the basic beliefs of progressive Christianity?
- What the signs of a person or church-going in that direction?
- Why do people become progressive Christians?
- How is progressive Christianity more intolerant than true Christianity?
- What are its racist and Marxist roots?
- What evidence do we have that the early Christians were conservative, not progressive?
- How do you reach out to those who consider themselves progressive Christians?
Get the book! Here’s Frank’s endorsement: “I love this book! Alisa Childers takes you on a captivating journey from her unreflective conservative Christian faith to the cliff of another gospel and then back home to the true Jesus. Along the way, she deconstructs progressive Christianity with wit, insight, and easy-to-remember evidence. Another Gospel? will inoculate you from a temptation far more seductive than atheism. And it’s an enjoyable read too!”
If you want to send us a question for the show, please email us at Hello@CrossExamined.org.
Subscribe on iTunes: http://bit.ly/CrossExamined_Podcast Rate and review! Thanks!!!
Subscribe on Google Play: http://bit.ly/CE_Podcast_Google
Subscribe on Spotify: http://bit.ly/CrossExaminedOfficial_Podcast
Subscribe on Stitcher: http://bit.ly/CE_Podcast_Stitcher