What do we make of religion and politics in today’s ongoing culture war? In the words of Ben Shapiro, “Facts don’t care about your feelings.” But does the left-wing care about the facts? As the far left continues to lead primarily by feelings and emotions, many are shifting away from its current radical extremism and finding solidarity with conservatives. But can liberals and conservatives truly find common ground?
In this highly anticipated interview, New York Times best-selling author, comedian, and TV personality Dave Rubin of The Rubin Report joins Frank to share his journey out of leftism and reveals why he’s choosing to use his platform to champion and moderate civil, open conversations between people who have opposing worldviews. They address questions like:
- How did The Rubin Report get started?
- If Christianity were true, would Dave become a Christian?
- How is The Rubin Report different from other political shows?
- What do classical liberals believe?
- How has the Democratic Party become the party of government censorship, big tech censorship, and cancel culture?
- Although Dave identifies as gay, he doesn’t agree with many of the LGBTQ political goals. Why not?
Not afraid to tackle hot-button social and political issues, The Rubin Report has been a safe space for dialogue, challenging viewers from all walks of life. This episode is sure to be a step in the right direction for unity among liberals and conservatives.
PLEASE NOTE: Yes, we know that Dave Rubin is an openly gay man. CrossExamined.org does not always agree with and affirm all the held beliefs of our guests. Dave did not agree with everything Frank said when he was on The Rubin Report last month either. However, it is good to have dialogue and ask questions of non-Christian guests to see if they are open to Christ, as you will hear Frank do with Dave. We also welcome guests who can add value to specific topics on which we do agree. Despite our noted disagreements, Dave gets a lot right.
Frank on The Rubin Report: