August 8-10, 2013 in Matthews, NC
Have skill and a passion for apologetics? Learn how to impact your world with I Don’t Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist by attending the new CrossExamined Instructor Academy (CIA).
CrossExamined Instructor Academy FAQ
Why do we conduct the CrossExamined Instructor Academy (CIA)?
CrossExamined.org exists to engage primarily colleges, but also high school campuses and churches, with a reasonable and engaging case for Christianity. We do that by conducting I Don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist seminars at college, high schools, churches and other venues to which we are invited. Due to the magnitude of the problem, we are training a team of other qualified people to do this as well. That’s why we have established the CIA.
What is the CrossExamined Instructor Academy?
What is new about the 2013 CrossExamined Instructor Academy?
First, presenting is more difficult to master than content. You can learn content by reading books and watching lectures, but learning to present that content takes actual practice before qualified instructors. So we want to spend a bit more time honing your presentation skills than we have in the past.
Second, breakout sessions provide several advantages including the opportunity to learn new content, go deeper into the arguments, and ask questions. It will also provide CIA graduates who attend again to learn some new material and tactics.
Who teaches at the Academy?
Dr. Frank Turek
- Answering the Five Toughest Questions in Five minutes or Less
- Science Doesn’t Say Anything: Scientists Do (a critique of Darwinism)
- How to Present Persuasively (co-presented with Greg Koukl)
-The Most Important Skill an Apologist Must Develop
- Developing the Qualities of an Ambassador
- The Top Five Tactics
- How to Present Persuasively (co-presented with Frank Turek)
Dr. Richard Howe:
- How philosophy can help your theology
- Answering the Arguments of Popular Atheism
- The Existence of God
- Can We Be Good Without God?
- Why I Take Students to Berkeley & What I’ve Learned
- If God is Good, Why is There Evil & Suffering?
J Warner Wallace
- Cold Case Christianity
Since the CIA class is deliberately kept small, this will be a unique opportunity for you to be instructed personally by some of the world’s best Christian apologists. Don’t miss out. Apply now!
What are the qualifications?
How can I prepare?
There are several other important works. But for now, these additional works are essential:
- Paul Copan: Is God a Moral Monster?
- Timothy J. Koegel: The Exceptional Presenter: A Proven Formula to Open Up and Own the Room
-J. Warner Wallace: Cold-Case Christianity
- The Norman L. Geisler Library on CD (available from impactapologetics.com), which contains 13 of his most essential books, including The Baker Encyclopedia of Christian Apologetics, Answering Islam, and When Critics Ask (This CD is more for reference, not necessarily to read through.)
- You also will need to be familiar with the works of the popular atheists such as Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens.
During CIA, we are not going to present all portions of the presentation to you. We are going to spend more time helping you with presentation skills and how to answer questions. However, you will be asked to present a short portion of I Don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist. As a result, you’ll want to get the I Don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist TV series on DVD and the PowerPoint from impactapologetics.com. Then practice presenting 15 minutes of it from any section of the presentation you want.
You will be given two opportunities to present. Your first presentation will be on Friday, and you will have 12-15 minutes to present, after which your instructor and class may ask you a few questions to see how you handle questions. Your instructor will then provide you with an evaluation and give you ideas on how you can improve.
Your second presentation will be on Saturday, and you will have 8-10 minutes, after which there will be more questions and another evaluation. You can cover the same material twice or use new material the second time. If you want to cover apologetics material different from “I Don’t Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist,” that’s fine, just make sure it is true! These presentations are for your benefit, so do whatever is going to help you improve your ability to present the truth of Christianity.
What happens after completing CIA?
CrossExamined is not a speaker agency–we don’t schedule speaking opportunites for you. However, we are looking for seasoned apologists that CrossExamined may call on to present I Don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist on college campuses or other venues. CIA will help us identify potential candidates, but attending CIA does not guarantee you will be offered such opportunites. If after attending CIA you are interested in speaking when such opportunities arise, then you may submit your name for consideration.