Recently I posed a question to our fellow truth seekers who are atheists, and we had a great response and good dialog.
It let us understand a lot of the feelings and reasons for either accepting or not accepting the God of the Christians if He was real.
So here’s another question in the same vein (there maybe some overlap naturally).
Atheists, what kind of God would you accept?
Imagine that a God existed, what characteristics would you require of him before you accepted him as your God and what behavioral change if any would that cause in you? E.g.
1. He would be more obvious about revealing himself (this I think is a given).
2. He would not send anyone to hell just for not believing he didn’t exist.
3. He would not allow suffering or evil.
4. He would punish bad folks like Hitler or hypocritical Christians with a bolt of lightning on the spot.
5. He would not require anyone to glorify or worship him.
6. He would not have any rules or regulations that we would have to follow. etc.
So what characteristics would you require before you accepted him as your God. If the answer is None, that’s a valid answer too, especially if you say why.